Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dream Killers - Part II

Hey yawl...so sorry it's been a while. But how many of you know the enemy is a trip? Been doing his thing lately - Big Time - but the Lord is bigger and better than anything he can toss my way. So, I'm back to talk some more about his influence. Thank you so much for your patience.

Well...Dream Killers Part II, huh? This one's easy, my friends. These are the naysayers, yawl. I believe secular sources call them haters. We've talked a little bit about that before. But Dream Killers in the church are those always speaking negativity about what God has called you to do. God says you can....they say you can't. God says go...they say stop. God says, "really," they say, "not really." God says true...they say false. God says "get up," they say...."sit down." God says speak up...they say be quiet. See what I mean? Now, these are people in God's house talking crazy about what God can't do...amazing.

Dream Killers.

God may have called you to open your own business. Yeah, it's a lot of work and it's a lot of risk, but when God says to do it, the blessing far outweighs the risk. And the work is worth it. What you can't do is allow dream killing church folk to talk you out of what God has commissioned you to do. This might sound crazy, but if God told me I'd own my own NFL franchise, believe me...I won't be listening to CHURCH FOLK. Because you know what they'll say...."it'll never happen. Impossible"

I'm sure someone told the late Michael Jackson that going solo would be a bad move. Let's see...Off the Wall, Thriller....well, let's stop at Thriller. Hmmm....46 million copies later? Was solo a bad move? You tell me. Can't listen to Dream Killers and expect your dream to live.

And you can't allow everyone to be a part of your plan. Not everyone is permitted to go where God is taking you. (cf. Read Nehemiah 2:20 - see what Nehemiah told his antagonists, Sanballat, Tobiah and Geshem) That's why God has cut some folk out of your life. I know it's painful, but it's for the best. Lesson learned, I'm sure. Know this....not everyone has your best interest. They say they're for you, but gain a little success, build an audience and watch the same people who claimed they'd lift you up, TEAR YOU DOWN. Been there, done that....and I'm sure you have too.

Listen to me. Dreams DO come true, as long as God is the one behind the projector throwing images on the blackboard of your mind. As long as your dreams are rooted in reality. I can dream about dunking on Kobe Bryant all day....that's a dream that won't come true. There's no reality to it. But dreaming of being a best selling author is something within my reach. God gave me the passion...and I'm chasing it.

I encourage all of my friends...don't let Dream Killers stifle you. If God said, that settles it, whether they believe or not. Blessings

Stay tuned and stay prayerful.

Your brother,
Sid

6 comments:

  1. My brother in Christ and my mothers adopted son, you are awesome. I have been sitting here trying to catch up on all the reading and comments from other people. God has placed the Gift of writing in you and you are allowing Him to use you well. I know for a fact that one day (soon)I will be telling my friends and coworkers, Oh yes I know him and his wonderful wife personally. Keep allowing God to use you. There are so many perpetrators in the pulpit that it truly gives Christianity a bad name. My church is the victim of a true false prophet and the church has been torn apart and the so called pastor smiles about it. You keep on being the Man of God you are now, your destiny is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister, thank you so much for your support. I will continue to allow God to fill this empty vessel, so that I can continue to be a blessing to others.

    And I BELIEVE you're right about that destiny thing. I receive that.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again my brother from another mother:
    Just catching up on things, you've done it again. True about those darn dream killers, they laugh and think that they have gotten away with the things they do. But it is not a good thing to mess with God's people although we are all His by creation but we are not all His by REGENERATION. That is something some people do not realize. Keep writing I'll keep reading and make comments every now and then. But I will try to send an encouraging word often. Hello Sandra Gurlllllllllllll
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Household....you KNOW that I will keep on with this. And yes...we're ALL God's creation, but we are NOT all God's children.

    Thanks for the continued support and encouragement. I appreciate it.

    Peace n Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sid,
    Your blogs really hit home with me. I totally understand your point of view with the whole "dream killer" thing; I've experienced it several times in my life and have been separated from about half of my family for different reasons. I also love to write. Unfortuately I am not very good at putting words together but I have some amazing ideas for books. I've been putting some ideas into a book for several years and most of them came from actual dreams. I know that's sort of irrelevant to what your talking about with what dream killers are but I stumbled across your blog because of a dream I had. The book I've been working on for over 10 years now is a Christian book but again, unfortunately I'm the idea person not a writer. It would be interesting what you might think about this book. I've had editors look at it before, they liked the story but the wording was all off. Do you think you might like some ideas for a book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man....I dropped the ball on this one. I am just reading your post tonight. Hopefully, you'll come back to check it out. My advice is follow your gut. I also have some books I like reading to help me write. One is called "Writing Tools." Real good one. And for a Christian book a REAL good read is "An Introduction to Christian Writing," by Ethel Herr. The BEST I've seen. Check those out, meditate on 'em and hit it.

    Hope that helps some.

    ReplyDelete