Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dream Killers - Part I

Hey everybody. It's been a minute since the "Business Meeting" but I assure you, I was working on some other projects. Can't tell it all just yet, but when the time is right, yawl be the first to know. Gotta keep it on the low....church filled with Dream Killers, know what I mean?

Listen....everyone can't handle your vision, nor do they care to. God may have placed a ministry on your heart and you're all excited right? Dangerous church folk will smile, but are they tickled? Better be careful what nuggets you drop in someone's ear. You may have heard from God, but many in the church don't recognize His voice. You receive His Word, but the reject His Word. You absorb His Word....they analyze His Word. Shouldn't take you long to figure out that 2 can't walk together unless they agree.

I remember my Mama tellin' me years ago that I shared too much of my business with the wrong people. How can I put it bluntly? Mama said, "Sidney, you talk too much." She was right. I learned the hard way that pride and loftiness leads to poverty and loss. But I was excited and I expected everyone else to be excited too. Well...depending on what God has for you, jealousy won't allow church folk to get excited. In fact, many of them will try to destroy every dream you have. Nothing new under the sun. In the book of Genesis, Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery. They hated him and they hated all his dreams too.

Know this...

Don't think you're building a support group by involving everyone in your plans. You're really building a hate group. Dream Killers, yawl. Trust me. And the trap is easy to fall into. We believe that church folk are holy and sanctified folk. Certainly they wouldn't do anything to harm me? Certainly they want my dream to come to fruition?

Really?

Good friend of Sandra and I felt the same thing too when she shared all her plans for a stage play with a sister in the Lord. Wasn't long, and that sister put on that same stage play and just changed the name of the director and playwright to herself. Stole her play right from underneath her....IN THE CHURCH. And called it a blessing from the Lord. How you steal somebody's work and think God'll bless you for it? Crazy!!!

I can go on and on with this, but I'll hold back some until the next blog. Love yawl.

Stay tuned and stay prayerful

Your brother,
Sid

5 comments:

  1. Yes you are so true. But there is one thing that bothers me. Now me being a Christian, I know exactly what you are saying, but someone from the outside that doesn't know the difference, by reading the name church folk, they may take it that you are talking about everybody in the church(building. Please don't misunderstand me, I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT" because the Word says that there are wheat & tare. I just pray that the word use church folk doesn't stop alot of people from going to church(building) thinking that everyone is like that. I know that you mean everyone that goes to church(building) is not a Christian but the unsaved people may not know thats what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point taken. Appreciate that. On this entry, I didn't do the positive aspect, like I would normally do. Charge it to fatigue. But, Part II, we'll drop in the words about our good people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you title is great for starters. And just because someone is not saved doesn't that they don't know anything about christ or god and his commendments. There is nothing wrong sidney with you speakin the true about the church and exposing the devil in the church. Talk them out preach them out and shine as much lite as you can on the devil. Sidney don't forget what I went though. Your title is not going to stop non believes from getting saved. And if it do its because their not ready. So god bless you and everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my brother,
    I really am enjoying reading your blog. I don't have anything to say about this one, only that I am actually reading the story of Joseph and his brothers now. But you are so true about those darn dream killers. Remember they are not satisfied with what God has given them so they will try their best to kill your dreams and aspirations to do what God has given you to do. But they will not win.
    My scripture for myself today is:

    II Cor. 10: 3-4
    Keep writing, I'll keep reading
    Peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kelly. Thanks for the uplift, girl. I remember. Stay focused, keep the dream alive.

    @ Household. What can I say? Gotzta be mo' careful with them. Thanks for the encouragement. As always, will keep em comin.

    ReplyDelete